MET offers testing, certification and product inspection services under the ATEX Directive and the IECEx Certified Equipment Scheme. We provide expert assessment of the compliance of your products to help you ensure their suitability and explosion protection according to the requirements needed for obtaining the Distinctive Community Mark (Ex in hexagon), CE Mark, and approval for other international markets.
In addition to ATEX and IECEx certifications, we also provide hazardous location certification for the U.S. and Canada. MET is one of very few Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTLs) and CBs accredited to certify products intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres in both the US and Canada. MET can conduct an investigation in accordance with the applicable EN standards simultaneously with a US and Canadian certification project.
All EU countries require CE and ATEX markings on products used in hazardous locations. The use of harmonized EN standards gives the manufacturer the “presumption of conformity” to the “Essential Health and Safety Requirements (EHSRs)” and a basis on which to issue a declaration of conformity (DoC) for the ATEX Directive.
MET Labs provides seamless testing, certification and product inspection services under the ATEX Directive, via an innovative Harmonized International Ex Testing Program.The program harmonizes test processes, engineering skill sets, and administration to ensure a consistent approach in securing all recognized approvals for potentially explosive atmosphere and hazardous locations. The program also cuts significant time off the certification process, rendering approvals in weeks instead of months.
MET offers certification services to the following EU ATEX standards:
- EN 60079-0 Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 0: General Requirements
- EN 60079-1 Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 1: Flameproof Enclosures “d”
- EN 60079-2 Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 2: Pressurized Enclosures “p”-Second Edition
- EN 60079-7 Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 7: Increased Safety “e”-First Edition
- EN 60079-11 Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 11: Intrinsic Safety “i”
- EN 60079-15 Electrical Apparatus for Explosive Gas Atmospheres Part 15: Electrical Apparatus with Type of Protection “n”
- EN 60079-28 Explosive Atmospheres. Protection of Equipment and Transmission Systems Using Optical Radiation
- EN 60079-31 Explosive Atmospheres. Equipment Dust Ignition Protection by Enclosure “t”
The IECEx Scheme is the CB Scheme for electrical equipment used in explosive atmospheres (hazardous locations). MET Labs is an Explosive Atmosphere Test Laboratory (ExTL). MET performs local IECEx testing in North America (a rare capability among U.S.-based labs), cutting significant time off the certification process and rendering approvals in weeks instead of months.
MET offers testing and certification services to the following IECEx standards:
- IEC 60079-0 Part 0: Equipment General requirements
- IEC 60079-1 Part 1: Equipment protection by flameproof enclosures ‘d’
- IEC 60079-2 Part 2: Equipment protection by pressurized enclosures ‘p’
- IEC 60079-7 Part 7: Equipment protection by increased safety ‘e’
- IEC 60079-11 Part 11: Equipment protection by intrinsic safety ‘i’
- IEC 60079-15 Part 15: Construction, test and marking of type of protection “n” electrical apparatus
- IEC 60079-18 Part 18: Construction, test and marking of type of protection encapsulation ‘m’ electrical apparatus
- IEC 60079-26 Part 26: Equipment with equipment protection level (EPL) Ga
- IEC 60079-31 Part 31: Equipment dust ignition protection by enclosure “t”
- IEC 61241-0 Part 0: General requirements
- IEC 61241-1 Part 1: Protection by enclosures ‘tD’
- IEC 61241- 4 Part 4: Type of protection ‘pD’
- IEC 61241-11 Part 11: Protection by intrinsic safety ‘iD’
- IEC 61241-18 Part 18: Protection by encapsulation ‘mD’